Wanting funds to support your tertiary study for 2022? Hopefully you made it to the recent Year 13 scholarship meeting at Liston to find out about this process. There are so many scholarships on offer – some are funded by universities, polytechnics or private training providers and others by industry, employers, iwi, community groups, charitable trusts and other organisations.
Loads of important information to help you can be found on the Liston Careers website under the ‘Scholarships’ tab. Please read through this carefully! Each tertiary provider has a slightly different application process.
Check out the updated ‘Scholarships on offer for 2022 v.4 document (also on the website) – just updated with more useful information and several new scholarships including the ‘Sullivan Hall Chartered Engineers Scholarship’.
Remember the steps:
- Research to find suitable scholarships (use the school holiday)
- Gather the information you need
- Ask your referees/ endorsers
- Complete the Liston Scholarship Application Intention Form (to give the Principal up-to-date information about you for any school references)
- Apply for your tertiary programme before Step 6 (except Victoria University)
- Apply for the scholarship/s by the DEADLINE (Use your personal not school email)
- Apply for accommodation online with the university, if it is a required part of the scholarship
- Chase up to see if references have been done
- Keep across the progress of your scholarship (you may need to click a ‘final submit’ when references/endorsements are done)
- Make sure everything is complete ahead of the deadline