Need to get your ID documents verified for a tertiary application?

November 20, 2020

If you’re applying for a tertiary course, you will be asked to provide proof of identity. To do this, you need to find a local Justice of the Peace and get the JP to sight an original document of yours, such as a passport or birth certificate. They will then stamp and sign a photocopy or photocopies of this ID to verify that it is a true copy. You can then post the verified copy to your tertiary provider or upload it to your online application (if you are allowed to do this).

To find your local JP in your area go to this website¬† and enter your suburb. It’s a free service and you will need to phone them up to book a time.

For general information on this service click here