Want to get ready to study at the University of Auckland? UniBound Summer – Pacific is a five-week academic enrichment programme to prepare Pacific school leavers for university studies. It’s designed to prepare students to achieve at the University of Auckland, and to help students transition into University life.
The five-week programme takes place from Monday 10 January – Friday 11 February 2022 (with exam on Monday 14 February 2022). Registrations are open for all Pacific students who have shown interest or who have already applied for a University of Auckland accredited programme. Students who have not yet formally applied to the University will get guidance and assistance to do so.
UniBound Summer runs from 9am–4pm Monday to Friday. The programme content includes:
- Completing Pacific 110 that will go towards your University of Auckland degree programme
- Academic preparation in numeracy and literacy
- Learning about Pacific and Māori cultures and knowledge
- Off-campus learning activities
- University 101: getting to grips with study at the University – where and how to do things
- Team building activities and peer mentoring
- Working on projects in tech or culture or research
- HOP cards for travel during the five-week programme.
In addition to this, UniBound Summer is also open to students of Pacific descent who did not achieve University Entrance or get an offer to the University: they will be considered for a place in UniBound Foundation, which is part of the Tertiary Foundation Programme (TFC). Applications to the TFC will be made for relevant students during UniBound Summer. The UniBound team will provide pastoral and academic support during the TFC.
Acceptance into the UniBound Summer programme does not imply that application for admission to any other University programme will be accepted.
Find out more and register: Here